Wednesday, October 22, 2008

And it is finished!!!




Here, my dear Amelia, is your ballgown, delivered from your Fairy Godmother.

See how your hoop skirt holds out those voluminous skirts so very nicely? I only hope that I didn't make the skirt so long that you trip over it - if so, at least you'll be able to wear it for a couple of years' worth of balls!

Be sure to insist that your Mom take proper photographs of you, all respendent in your matching headband and black velvet neck ribbon. And remind her that she will need to measure your neck, and sew the second half of the snap onto the ribbon to make it fit!

I'm told that you've got an absolutely splendid pair of slippers to wear with the ballgown to Grandma Pat's party on Sunday - just be sure not to lose one at her house, because I'm not so sure that there will be a Prince Charming there to bring it back home to you....

No comments: